Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Somedays are like that...

Yesterday was tough! It was one of "those" days.  Lots of tired eyes, lots of long hugs goodbye, and quite a few, "But I can't draw ANYTHING!" responses during journaling. Despite my best efforts, I heard my fair share of  "You can't come to my birthday party", "You aren't on our team", and a few more, "He bumped me!" proclamations than I'd like to count.

Some days are like that.

Somedays, you can do everything "right" and still, things don't work.  Fortunately, as teachers, we get the opportunity to try again the next day!



Today, we started our day by drawing kind things that kindergarteners do at school. It was a hit! We shared them as a class and decided that today would be better. No name calling. No finger pointing. They worked incredibly hard to do the things that they had drawn and talked about. We met together several times as a class to see how things were going. We agreed, we like kindergarten much better when we do our best and work as a team. We left giving hugs and high fives. I felt successful as a teacher.

Some days are like that.

Tell me what you do when you have one of "those" days...

No comments:

Post a Comment